Sunday, January 6, 2013

5 & 6

It's been a rough few days.  Allison has been sick and has been waking up in the middle of the night screaming and ended up in my bed.  Now I don't sleep well with a baby in my bed on a good night.  But when they're sick and thrashing and kicking and sitting on my head?

Anyway, yesterday morning she felt really warm in spite of thermometer insisting that her temp was only 99.8 or thereabouts, and she just seemed really off balance and not herself, so I called the doctor.  She's there in the mornings on Saturdays, thankfully, so I was able to take Allison in.  And according to Dr. M.'s thermometer her temp was 103.2.  !!!!  That's a fairly big difference (and confirmed my suspicions that my thermometer was crap).   So with all tests returning negative (flu, RSV, strep) and her ears and throat clear, Dr. M. and I decided it was a virus that I needed to wait out.  So my instructions were to alternate dosages of ibuprofin and acetamenaphin, keep her hydrated, and get a new thermometer.  So I went straight to Walmart after.

There a McDonald's in that Walmart, and Allison still felt fairly warm (in spite of the dose of ibuprofin Dr. M. gave her about an hour earlier), so I decided a milkshake might help.  Allison liked that idea.

And we didn't go to church today.  Erin has still be coughing, Allison is still kind of feverish, and I decided to take a turn for the worse (coughing HURTS).  So while the girls were in with me, doing something (I don't remember), Patrick decided to watch Howl's Moving Castle.  I think he made it through 3 times.



No comments:

Post a Comment