Tuesday, January 4, 2011

So, how are you feeling?

That's the question I keep getting.  And with my history of severe sickness and valid one.

The answer is I'm not nearly as sick as I've been expecting.  I still get waves of nausea, and I am so incredibly exhausted, but I'm able to eat a fair amount when I decide what sounds edible.  

And it's had me really freaked out.  I've spoken to enough women who have had miscarriages to know many times the symptoms aren't as strong for a pregnancy that won't stick.  So I've been skating just barely on the sane side of terrified.

But I had an "ah-ha" moment this morning.  With both Cora and Erin I was working, and at jobs I didn't particularly enjoy.  I wasn't working with Patrick, but Matt was out of state on an internship and I was a single mom.

I don't have any of that stress this go around, and we're much more financially stable as well.  I think that that has had a real impact on my sickness level.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still fairly nauseated.  I'm sure it's enough to have anyone else complaining.  But for me, I feel great considering what my other pregnancies have been.  And identifying the stress thing has made me feel much better on an emotional level.  

Now if we can just get to the ultrasound on the 17th and see a heartbeat, I'll be much more relaxed for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment