Friday, January 20, 2012

the zoo and dancing

We went to the zoo yesterday!  I had to take advantage of 60 degrees in January!
This guy was feeling pretty aggressive.  He'd displayed at all the kids and ran around his habitat before I could get a picture.  Scared Erin as she was standing right in front of him.
Hesty, the baby orangutan, is about 18 months old now.  It's amazing how much more climbing and such she was doing on her own versus the last time we came in October.
 And the way this guy was chilling out made me laugh.
The yawning fish is about as big as me.  He's an arapaima, and amazon river fish, and the biggest freshwater fish species.  They can get up to 15 feet.
 Baby komodo dragon!
 Erin loves the lions.  We had to visit them again.
 And I got video of Erin dancing to the end credits of the movie Robots.  I need to get her into dance lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment