Sunday, January 22, 2012

So sad...

Remember Finley?  We got him in Oct. 2010, and he's been my kitchen fish ever since.  I've been rather fond of having him around, seeing him there when I do dishes, etc.

Well, this morning I discovered he'd died overnight.  It was a total surprise, there was no real warning.  He wasn't sick or anything, there'd been no drastic change in activity (I mean, he's a betta.  They're not the most active of fishes.)

I feel like I'm overly sad about it, but I this also comes on the back of losing half my fish in the big tank after buying two beautiful swordtails from Petco that lived just long enough to give everyone else a fungus.  I lost my angel fish and other 3 swordtails, and Gillbert (the tank betta) hasn't acting normal since.  So I guess being so upset about losing Finley is really frustration about losing 5 fish in a week. (well, 7, since the two new swordtails died too).

Boo.  I need to remember not to buy fish from Petco anymore.  Even if they are the only ones who carry such pretty swordtails.

No comments:

Post a Comment