Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Allison's blessing...and gardening

Allison was blessed on Sunday.  It wasn't as much of a to-do as Erin's and Patrick's, since we had no family in town and pretty much everyone was sick (our friends, Erin and Patrick...).  The circle was just Matt, the bishopric and our friend Dave, and Dave left right after the Sacrament was passed, so we didn't get a picture of all the men in the circle holding her.  Not only that, but Patrick started crying when Matt got up and didn't take him along, so I only heard bits and pieces of the blessing.  But Matt blessed her to be a "great friend and help to her mother."  She's such a sweetheart, so I believe it.
Here she is with her whole ensemble.
 I didn't have a diaper cover, so I chose this one a friend made us that had giraffes on it, just for giggles.
The bonnet ended up being a bit too small though, so it didn't stay on very well, so I ended up opting for a white headband instead.

Today I decided to get out and clear out the area I want to plant irises in.  I bought some bulbs and I'm very excited.  It's overgrown with mint, however.  And it was a LOT more work than I thought it was going to be, so I didn't get very far today.  I was only out there for 40 minutes before Allison woke up and got really fussy.  Hopefully I can get it done before the end of the week.

Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment