Monday, September 5, 2011

So natural

I have to admit, I was really intimidated at the prospect of being mother to 3 children.  I only have 2 hands, how was it going to work?

Today we ran a couple errands...all 3 kids and me.  Matt was invited to play some games with "the boys" this morning, so I decided it would be a trial run.  And it surprised me how natural it was for me.  I guess I'm lucky that my kids are well-behaved.  My main worry is what to do with the kids in the parking lot on the way in to the store.  Usually I have each hold a hand.  Today I carried Allison's seat in one hand, held Patrick's hand with the other, and Erin walked along in front.  Nobody ran, nobody melted down.  It was a good experience.  Of course, what happens on the bad days will be interesting, but I'm glad to know that not every trip will be bad.

It's almost like I can't remember what it was like being the mother of just 2. Allison fits in so naturally, it's like she's always been here with us.  I actually felt this same way with Erin and Patrick too.  Erin was a bit more of an adjustment, obviously, since I was learning how to be a mom with her.  But she was more of a fulfillment of my life rather than a huge change.  And it's the same with the other two.

I guess I was just always meant to be a mom.

And some pictures...because I can't have a post without them!

The first few are from the day before Allison was born...at the zoo.
Just cuteness
My girls and Grandma
All ready for her first day of church
Sunshine therapy at the park.  I think it's working because I swear she's less yellow today.
Erin climbing the slide and making it "all the way" up.  It wasn't a big slide, but she was so proud of herself.  lol
Patrick playing peekaboo.  I managed to get a shot before he ran away.

No comments:

Post a Comment