Monday, August 20, 2012

First day of school!

Erin has been SO excited.  I swear she's been talking about going to school for the last year.  And today was finally the day!
I'll admit I cried.  Part of it was that she was so excited when the door opened for her to go in, she didn't really say bye to me, and my feelings were a little hurt. (yeah, not the most logical thing in the world, but...oh well)

After Allison and Patrick and I went walking around the lake, we came home and while Allison slept, Patrick and I water colored.  He missed Erin, and kept telling me we should go get her, but I managed to keep him entertained.
And then it was time to go get Erin. (the boy stepped in front of her right as I took the pic)
And she skipped to the car.  She had a great first day, and is excited to go back tomorrow (especially since tomorrow is library day and she gets to check out a book!)
So we both survived the first day!  I think I missed her more than she missed me, but that's the way it's supposed to be, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment